Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Performance Appraisal

The D day has come, and i have a hunch that it will be a catastrophic event a disaster but not natural but man made(me) with good contributions from my Boss. Yesterday I was asked to pen down my achievements for rating purpose , immediately I thought of the 100 things i have done but wait half of them are in the conceptualisation state, another 10-20% never took off, and the rest fared badly so i was left with 5-6 odd jobs that too not worth calling achievements, but being an MBA you are best at giving global gyaan and filling answer sheets without even having a slightest idea of what you are writing about so finally I was able to write 10 points as to how i made a difference to the group and the organisation. Looking back I myself don't find any worthwhile contributions Ii made so If my boss wont find any even with a magnifying glass then it wont be a surprise, i have already started getting the sympathetic look from my colleagues the same look which you find in the eyes of the customer in a butchers shop.But I have the privilege of having the company of "The old Monk" to drown all my sorrows, below is a good picture I found on the net.

"Being" the Best is not at all important, "Doing" the Best is all that matters.... "






5 Comments:

Blogger RAKA said...

For those of you, who don't know Alok: I am privileged to have him as my colleague from 8 months, having interacted with many of his class-mates (IIFM) namely mukul,abhijit and few more, I know he used to have a typical look (sad and suave) after his exams but at the end he invaribly gets good marks.
To corrborate my statement:
1) He goes to the teacher to increase marks when he gets full marks
2) Pushkar parsar had consoled him when he was frustrated with some exam. At the end pushkar f... and alok was topper

I can continue to write but you guys can guess that he is saaf baki sab bakwas

4:05 PM

 
Blogger Santosh said...

Dont worry dear.. you will do good.. i know it.. and you know it as well.. ..

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Alok said...

@Rakesh-Even I am privileged Sir,and I dont doubt any of ur statements but past is past and u are a fellow traveller in my present journey so u know as well as i do what is saag-f and wt is bakwas........

@Santosh-I dont have a shred of doubt that i have done good bt how gd its for others and the company is the milion dollar question, i will mail you the real story soon but i promist that it will be a tragic one...

11:00 AM

 
Blogger Akhand said...

When the grade would come??

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Nitin Bagla said...

I agree with what Rakesh said..
हमेशा ऐसे ही रोते रहोगे...चाहे तुम्हारी तनखा दुगुनी भी होने वाली हो/हो जाये...
तुम्हे पता है, हम क्या डायलोग देते थे..जब कोई रोता था कि पेपर बिगड गया..."तेरे मुह में घी-शक्कर" :)...

चिन्ता ना करो..आज नही कहूँगा

Best of Luck and Best Wishes... :)

1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home