Saturday, August 27, 2011

Do I agree with Anna???????

If anyone will be hated by the middle class intelligentia today more than any thing thinkable is someone who does not agree with Anna. You are either with him or against the nation….Slightest hint of disagreement to any Annaism will make you a deshdrohi and some who is corrupt to the core..Even my wife gives me those looks “you are not the same anymore” & You have changed J

It gives me a very bad feeling and I have started doubting myself; am I jjust simply jealous or as generally friends tell I like to go against the mass feeling (They say It gives me a highJ ). I tried to analyze and put people/teams in broad buckets who are against the nation..
M followers
1. Rahul Baba & Madam followers- They don’t have a choice, if You are opposing me I have to oppose you. Led by the super intelligent Mr spokesperson and a certain Mr X who sees RSS behind everything were the ones who helped polarize the situation. I am super impressed by their logic “ I am bad but you are too and to add you are worst so you cannot blame me”, Reminds me of the song –pahla patthar who mare jissne paap na kiya ho , jo paapi na ho”. These I think were the main culprits who created the atmosphere where everyone disagreeing with Anna was painted with the same brush.

2. Alternate Civil society- The civil society cocooned and patronized by the baba and madam. I sometimes wonder with so many civil society representatives who represents me L. This class realized and woke up to reality that Anna has taken the sail out of their winds and started representing the English speaking/secular liberal class which till now was the sole birth right of them. So mid way that they suddenly came out with their version of magic pill to cure the country of corruptions. This calls basically comprises of two sects- the govt supported civil society which helps them formulate “people “ friendly policy and the pro naxal activists on hire who supported violent and blood revolutions and all non national activities but find Anna and their demands undemocratic and unconstitutional.

3. Oppose because that’s what I want to know- This is the most informed opponents who oppose because it’s something which is in their blood. Reasons for opposing could be anything:

a. Singing Vande matram whics is not as per a particular religion
b. Wearing of gnadhi cap
c. You propose I oppose- led by a flip flop female chief minister and a erstwhile scam tainted cm from Bihar
I was also by some put under this category but believe you me I am not

4. And the left over people like us who oppose it because am not convinced how another bill or structure will be able to end corruption. This is another layer in any way a super fat bureaucracy. What is there in this which ensures that this is non corruptible. Don’t we have enough supervisory bodies the cvc/cbi of this world existing . I do agree with the basis and fundamental principle of freeing our investigative agencies from politicians and bureaucrats . But what is being proposed is that you replace the current policemen with a new one . Isn’t in a form adding another parallel policemen and praying and believing that thou will be the pillar of honesty…I am in principle agreement with what is being asked but am not ok with:
a. How it is being asked?
b. All that is being asked?I still believe in democratic ways of achieving what we have set out to achieve, what it needs is showing the same passion and commitment when it the time to vote. One vote has a lot of power and impact. Its high time we realize that power and work for it. Corruption will not end by a law or a body it will end only when “we” want it to end and we stopped being part of it ………………………

6 Comments:

Blogger Amrita said...

Very well articulated. And, I know you have not changed :)

I am not sure, however, if I still agree with you. I guess it is so because I am probably confused. Nevertheless, this movement is significant in my view for a couple of reasons, both personal and general...

One, it has taken a movement to make our Parliament discuss a Bill well.

Two, one of my professor used to say that our generation is selfish and that we are not capable of a social movement. I am happy to realise that we still have something left in us.

Three, what gives me a greater high is the fact that today a large group of people is sitting and watching the parliamentary proceedings on television. Even I am watching it, can you believe it?

As with everything else, not everything is saintly about this movement but I am ready to give it that much of a leeway. I only hope, wish and pray that this really historical event in Indian parliamentary democracy has an impact and that we i.e. the middle class continue to engage with politics and demand accountability.

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Mukul Jain said...

I know this may seem difficult for you to digest but thought to present some points:

The whole country (aam aadmi) developed a chord with Mr. Anna Hazare....They have different reasons for showing their resentment but may be joined to a common way of showing the same.

A vibrant democracy may not have blind faith on parliamentarians and may be wanted to thrust their views their constitutional representatives. Why is this considered wrong??

I can definitely say that the general awareness about the so called bill is much more than any other bill in last 60 years

This bill definitely could not be a solution to all corruption problem but definitely an attempt to improve/change the current system

I can definitely say that the general awareness about the so called bill is much more than any other bill introduced in last 60 years

This bill definitely could not be a solution to all corruption problem but definitely an attempt to improve/change the current system


in all practicality, you just can't keep yourself aloof from all this just because you didnt feel like connecting to it


Who knows it could be a beginning to make people (the young crowd...we may include ourselves if you approve) realize that they can be part of law making in the country

At last, regarding your inhibition of being called anti nation should not be a cause of worry....their will always be positive/negative opinion about any movement. Every side will blame other side...if you just want to ride in a grey area....may be you will be sneered for not choosing a side. If you have a right to be impasse to a significant movement like this, their is high probability of people reacting to their sentiments. and you have to bear with this

My own stand.....am not celebrating this as any achievement but believe that this is start of a new chapter in history of our country...lets not discourage people who are trying to bring what i would like to call a "change". Who knows....this could be successful.... lets not throw away the baby with the water...anyway what has current institutional arrangment achieved...lets give a try....

6:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moѕt important that you arе аfter making sоme plans tο get
a гesροnse, nο ԁoubt that freе dating haѕ taken the
voω, that I have mеt on MySpaсe,
YouTube, etc. Whеther they arе able to interact ωith eаch otheг for fun dating scene is
finishеԁ, rеωind back to Katy and Paul Еastwiсk, а feω followed up her attraction to a non-ΒCS team.


Also visit my web-ѕite - best online dating sites

1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coffee еxtraсt can be еаten on given ԁays whilе stауing in shape, doctors say.


Look intο mу blog роѕt; http://kyleburns.org/
my page :: pure green coffee extract

4:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...



Feel free tο visit my weblоg: dieting foods

6:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp loan consolidation
consolidation loans

10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home